After 40 years of experience, I consider speaking and sharing wisdom with other professionals, community leaders, and the public to be one of the greatest uses of my time. I have delivered keynotes, presentations, and trainings to institutions large and small in multiple countries, reaching thousands of people.
Dr. Korn’s class took my clinical practice to another level. She goes beyond the traditional clinical considerations to help practitioners guide their clients to better mental and physical health by implementing common sense nutritional strategies. This is the perfect training for any professional who wants to add nutritional awareness to help their clients improve their mood and their mental health.
Jill Charney, MSW and Yoga Instructor, Boston
Speaking topics include:
Integrative Mental Health
Covering the role of integrative medicine for the treatment of PTSD, addictions, chronic pain and fatigue, as well as natural alternatives to pharmaceuticals.
Listen to Dr. Leslie’s interview with Dr. Christine Hibbert, about Nutrition for Mom and Family Wellness
A fun discussion of the art and science behind “good mood” foods, providing tools and tips for everyday living.
Treating Traumatic Stress
Trauma is an invisible issue in many communities, but is as contagious as any infectious disease. Both individuals and communities can benefit by looking at the roots of traumatic stress and exploring treatment options.
All types of foods, substances, and behaviors can be addictive. In this talk, I explore how to control cravings by listening to what your brain is really telling you.
Multicultural Diversity, Competency and Cross Cultural Studies
Exploring concepts of how to excel while working with diverse peoples, and understanding the evidence and best methods for helping people achieve optimal mental and physical well being while using diversity as a tool.
Leslie is a brilliant speaker, communicator, and a very skilled teacher who can take command of a class and move them to excellence. Leslie's teaching and speaking gift combines dynamism, clarity, and a wonderful humor all rolled into one. She keeps her audience/students engaged, allows for critical thinking processes, motivates positive responses, and creates an exciting learning environment.
Mary Jo Ruggieri, Former Olympic Synchronized Swimming coach and Professor, The Ohio State University
My teaching sessions are designed to help clinicians develop their knowledge of the mind-body connection and how it works, learning to see and treat each patient as a whole being. I am also available to speak to the public, sharing nutritional strategies they can implement themselves to improve their mood and overall well-being.
My teaching method combines clinical knowledge with wisdom gained in the field to not only share facts, but ideas for how to put those facts into practice. I love to share stories about my work, and believe my unique background is what sets me apart as a speaker and educator.
I am available for keynotes as well as weekend workshops for other professionals. I will also work with you to develop custom content based on your areas of interest or need.
Leslie Korn is a terrific teacher. She is able to communicate her vast knowledge to her audience in a fun and dynamic way. Her positive energy and humor in combination with her ability to articulate complex ideas make her a wonderful speaker. We were lucky to have someone of Leslie’s caliber at our conference.
Paula Ochs, LCSW, CP, PAT, Associate Clinical Director, Family Service League, Montclair, NJ
- Harvard Medical School
- University of Washington
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Dept of Psychiatry
- National College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Fulbright Foundation, COMEXUS, Mexico City
- Lesley University
- American Counseling Association Conference
- Mayo Clinic
- Franklin College of Humanities (University of Georgia)
- National Network of Grantmakers Conference
- World Congress on Violence and Coexistence
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians Annual Conference
- The Washington Institute for Mental Health
- Massage Therapy Research Foundation
- Massachusetts Finance Housing Agency
- Quinault Indian Nation Health Center
- Suquamish Tribe
- Puyallup Tribal Health Center
- New England School of Acupuncture
- AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine
- International meeting on Inuit and Native American child health
- Psychotherapy Networker Conference
- Traditional Knowledge & Healthy Ecosystems Summit
- Epicurean Culinary Academy
- International Diabetes in Indigenous Peoples Forum
- Nutritional Therapy Association
- California Institute of Integral Studies
- National Native Leadership Institute on Tobacco