This is a full audible version of the book, narrated by Suzie Althens. Nutrition Essentials for Mental Health offers the mental health clinician the principles and practices necessary to provide clients with nutritional counseling to improve mood and mental health. Integrating clinical evidence with the author’s extensive clinical experience, it takes clinicians step-by-step through the essentials for integrating nutritional therapies into mental health treatment.
With this audiobook you will learn:
- Why nutrition matters in mental health
- The role of various nutrients in nourishing both the brain and the gut, the “second brain”
- Typical nutritional culprits that underlie or exacerbate specific mental disorders
- Assessment techniques for evaluating a client’s unique nutritional needs, and counseling methods for the challenging but rewarding process of nutritional change.
- Leading-edge protocols for the use of various macro- and micronutrients, vitamins, and supplements to improve mental health
- Considerations for food allergies, sensitivities, and other special diets
- The effects of foods and nutrients on DSM-5 categories of illness, and alternatives to pharmaceuticals for treatment
- Comprehensive, stage-based approaches to coaching clients about dietary plans, nutritional supplements, and other resources
- Ideas for practical, affordable, and individualized diets, along with optimal cooking methods and recipes
- Nutritional strategies to help with withdrawal from drugs, alcohol and pharmaceuticals
With this resource in hand, clinicians can enhance the efficacy of all their methods and be prepared to support clients’ mental health with more effective, integrated treatment.
Length: 12 hrs and 32 mins.