Alternatives to Pharma
Cherry Chamomile Smoothie Recipe
Prepare this soothing cherry chamomile smoothie an hour or two before you want to go to sleep. Cherries and chamomile tea help induce sleep, the mangos, seeds, and coconut will support blood sugar throughout the night so you can rest peacefully. Blueberries or frozen bananas make a good substitute for mangos.
Soothing Cherry Chamomile Smoothie
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup Strong, cold chamomile tea
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) cherries
- 1 cup frozen mangos
- 1 tsp. flax seeds (or flax seed oil or lemon flavored fish oil) 1⁄2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbs. coconut cream or coconut oil
- 3 drops liquid stevia
- 1 drop vanilla extract (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Keep a quart of strong chamomile tea in the fridge or make “chamomile tea ice cubes” to add to evening smoothies.