Indulge yourself while you improve your mood. This sweet apple hazelnut tart is simple to make and ideal for a gluten-free dessert. Hazelnuts are rich in healthy fats and support brain function. Apples, along with the pectin, is an ideal food for easy digestion. The best part is its quick and easy to make and is a great use for apples that may have become a touch soft.
- 1 cup hazelnuts (reserve 6 nuts)
- 2 eggs (duck or chicken)
- ¼ cup almond flour or rice flour
- 2 apples
- ½ tbs. pure fruit spread (raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry)
- ¼ cup of water
- Grind hazelnuts into a fine flour and combine with the almond or rice flour in a bowl.
- Add two eggs and mix until moist.
- Place parchment paper inside a 9-inch pie plate and spread the crust mixture inside the pan.
- Bake for 3–5 minutes or until slightly cooked.
- Slice the apples into thin wedges and place them in the baking dish, working from the edge to the center in a circular design.
- Add the water to the fruit spread to make a syrup.
- Pour and spread the syrup over the apples.
- Crush and sprinkle the remaining nuts over the tart and bake in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes.
You can find this and more recipes for improving your mood, reducing anxiety, and being more focused in my book, Eat Right, Feel Right.
Learn more about Strategies for Mood and Cognitive Repair in my new short course: Nutrition for mood and cognitive repair.
For a CE and certification online course for nurses, counselors, mental health and nutritional professionals, where you will enjoy and benefit from my 25-hr Integrative Medicine and Nutrition for Diabetes Type 2 Cognitive Function and Alzheimer’s
- A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Hypothyroidism Treatment - November 17, 2023
- Flexing Your Self-Care Muscle (and Your Client’s Too!) For Success - September 4, 2023
- How to Eliminate Headaches, Congestion, and Detoxify with Mustard Seeds - August 7, 2023
Are You Ready to Advance Your Career?
If you want to advance your career in integrative medicine, explore my courses and certifications.