PTSD Recipes For Mood
Soothing Meal: Organic Slow Baked Beans
Organic Slow Baked Beans
Try this soothing recipe. These beans are tasty and especially nutritious with the addition of organic blackstrap molasses and anti-inflammatory spices. Blackstrap molasses is rich in B-6, magnesium, calcium, and potassium, all of which combine to produce a very calming meal. B-6 is a key vitamin to lift mood. This recipe is easy to make with a slow cooker; start it in the morning, and by dinnertime a rich, healthy meal will be waiting.
- 2 cups dried organic pinto beans 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbs. Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup organic blackstrap molasses 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 2 tbs. yellow mustard
- 1 tbs. smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tbs. grated turmeric root
- 1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs. organic apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, rinse and soak the beans overnight. In the morning, rinse the beans and place in the slow cooker.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil and add to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients (save the salt and pepper until the beans are finished cooking).
- Cover with the water and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve with coleslaw or a chopped green salad and Vibrant Vinaigrette.
This recipe was taken from my book Eat Right, Feel Right: 50 Recipes and Tips to Improve Mood Sleep Attention and Focus
Other Good Mood Recipes